Sunday, July 20, 2008

An end to an incredible summer of service in Uganda

Hello!

I wanted to let you all know that I have safely returned to the United States of America! I left Uganda from Entebbe Airport at 10:20 p.m. on Tuesday, July 15th. After an 8 hour flight, I arrived in Amsterdam.

The first thing that I did when I got to Amsterdam was to go straight to the chocolate store and to buy a $7.00 chocolate bar. It was well worth the money, let me tell you! After not having chocolate for two months...I enjoyed it so much!

I left Amsterdam at 10:30 a.m. and got into Atlanta airport around 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday July 16th! I got through customs through a breeze and then waited out my 8 hour lay-over in Atlanta. Sadly, my customs officer had to ask me where exactly Uganda was....and I told him with an astonished voice that it was "a country that can be found in East Africa". What a sad, sad thing. It was almost an insult, especially after spending 2 amazing months in the country.

I actually met some really neat people in my terminal and loved talking about my experience in Uganda with them! Then, at around 9:30 p.m. I finally boarded the plane for my final destination: Gainesville, Florida.

I arrived home after a little more than two months at around 11:00 p.m. I was so excited to see my family and to finally bring my amazing journey to a close! Thank you for ALL of your support and your encouragment. I appreciate you all in my life and can not wait to share with you the somewhat 1,000 pictures that I took during my summer of service in Uganda. I know that there are a lot of pictures, so just look through as many as you can!

Here is a link to my two albums, let me know if there are any problems!

This is the First Album:

http://picasaweb.google.com/bethnolegirl/UgandaSummerServiceship2008

Don't miss out on the Second Album too, here are more pictures that I could not fit in the first!:

http://picasaweb.google.com/bethnolegirl/UgandaAlbum2

Thanks! I love you all and am so happy that I was able to share this experience with you! I can't wait to talk with you all about it and I am so lucky to have you in my life!

This is going to by my last post on this blog! Thanks for reading!

Njakumusinga (I am going to miss you in Luganda),

Babirye (Beth) or Ssuubi (Hope) :)

No comments: